Caritas Jersey was launched in September 2013 and is the means by which the Church in Jersey puts Catholic Social Teaching into practice. Our initial activities include:
- Establishing and promoting a Catholic Think Tank on social issues in Jersey.
- Promoting with government a Commission on social justice.
- Providing support to prisoners’ families.
- Providing support to vulnerable families, particularly migrant families with young children.
- Consulting with the States of Jersey on a wide range of issues such as discrimination, disability, low-income families and the benefit system.
- Encouraging people – particularly young people – to vote and engage in the democratic system.