Caritas Diocese of Hallam was launched on May 12th 2018. Its aim is to provide a network and support to all social action projects underpinned by our Catholic ethos. It will involve:
- Building relationships with stakeholders
- Scoping the range of Catholic social action
- Promoting partnerships between projects
- Identifying needs and stimulating grass roots development
- Encouraging good practice
- An annual celebration of social action by our Bishop
Caritas Diocese of Hallam, formerly known as Hallam Caring Services, has a responsibility for a number of projects in the Diocese of Hallam. These include a fast developing school and community service offering support to children, young people and their families. We offer a wide range of counselling to adults through other projects including Carmel Care and Counselling Centre. Two day centres also provide practical help and advice for homeless and vulnerable people.