‘Christian poverty is that I give of my own, and not of that which is left over. I give, even that which I need for myself, to the poor person, because I know that he enriches me. Why does the poor person enrich me? Because Jesus Himself told us that He is in the poor person.’ Pope Francis, June 2015.
A financial donation to the work of Caritas Social Action Network in England and Wales will help us –
- Support 40+ Catholic charities relieving poverty, nurturing families and building communities.
- Develop diocesan Caritas organisations in response to local and national needs.
- Address structural causes of poverty through our witness, in public policy and the media, of the lived experiences of the poor and our members, drawing on Catholic Social Teaching.
CSAN’s national team receives no direct public funding.
How to donate
We offer five ways to donate to Caritas Social Action Network:
- Online through Virgin Money.
- By bank transfer to Caritas social-action: Sort Code 40-06-03, Account Number 81392816. To advise us of your donation, please send an email to email@example.com.
- By cheque made payable to ‘Caritas social-action’. If you are a UK taxpayer, we encourage you to Gift Aid your donation using this form (Word document). Please post your cheque and Gift Aid form to CSAN, 55 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7JB. If you include your contact details, we will acknowledge receipt.
- Regular donation by Standing Order. To download a Standing Order form please click here (Word document).
- Through leaving a legacy in your will. Please see the Your Catholic Legacy website for more information.
Thank you for your support and interest. Any queries about donations may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address above.