Caritas Northampton was established in May 2021. We are based at the Diocesan Centre in Northampton, and responsible for the promotion, establishment, and support of social outreach projects throughout the Diocese, sharing the mission of the Catholic Church to serve the poor and promote charity and justice through domestic social action. We work alongside the many wonderful groups within our parishes who already do so much for those in need.
Our initial activities include:
- Working closely with our academies and schools, on opportunities that will bring parishes, schools, and the community together.
- Working with local policing within the Diocese to understand social outreach issues, needs and solutions.
- Supporting migrant families in the diocese through the Caritas Community Sponsorship programme.
- Creating resources to help parishes set up food banks, community fridges or larders, as well as support groups for loneliness, dementia, and unemployment.
- Putting together a diocesan-wide campaign in relation to modern slavery & human trafficking, to help and support parishioners to know how to spot it, and what to do.